Despite vain attempts to fortify baby cereals with the nutrients babies need, they’re essentially just empty fillers… they sit in your baby’s stomach like a brick. Dr. Alan Greene has even started a “White Out” campaign to get these empty white foods out of your baby and toddler’s diets!
I cover the “why’s” (including the dangers) of ousting baby cereals as a first food in this podcast. I also share a couple of new parenting podcasts I’m really enjoying – be sure to add them to your podcast app!
In this episode I cover:
- Two great new podcasts you should subscribe to right now
- A common first food that has no nutritional value for your baby
- Why kids get hooked on the “white” foods
- What the “Great White Out” campaign is (and why Dr. Greene started it)
- How your baby develops tastes for certain foods
- Why meat is OK for a first food
- These are vital to your baby’s brain (and how to know you’re getting the right kind)
- How you can make harder-to-digest starches easier on baby’s tummy
Items mentioned in this podcast include:
- Natural Birth and Baby Care.com
- A Beginner’s Guide to Natural Childbirth free ebook
- Go Diaper Free Podcast
- Birth, Baby, and Life Podcast with Andrea Olson
- Taking Back Birth Podcast
- Dr. Alan Greene’s website
- The Great White Out from Dr. Greene
- Meat Matters from BabyTalk (on our Facebook page)
- Our book on baby feeding: First Bites and Beyond
- Click here to let me know what you’d like to hear about on the podcast!!