How do you handle life as a student when you've got a baby to care for? Is it possible to juggle the books and your baby? What about doing clinical or intern work while parenting your little one? I share my experiences and some tips I've found helpful along the way
Topics I Cover in This Podcast:
- My experience juggling a new baby with a midwifery apprenticeship
- Why I chose to take time off from clinical work and attending births – plus how I decided I was ready to jump back in
- Which births I considered taking Phoenix to (and how I prepared for the primary birth I didn't)
- Handling the reality of school and baby (hint: you can handle it, even when it's hectic!)
- When it makes sense to leave baby at home
- Creative child care arrangements that can help you hit the books
- How scheduling has helped me balance mothering Phoenix with midwifery school
- Why “no” is a good skill to have!
- How to maximize the time when baby is awake… and the time when baby is sleeping
Things Mentioned on This Week's Podcast
- Working from Home with Kids
- Life of a Pregnant Student Midwife – how I handled pregnancy with being on call and hitting the books!
- These Work at Home Mom Schedules may be helpful to you!
- Teaching Your Toddler to Have an Alone Time – you won't use this with young babies, but it can b really helpful to get quiet time with tots in tow
(NOTE: Want Real Mom Tested Techniques for Handling Labor Pain? Use these 11 proven natural childbirth techniques to handle labor and keep things moving right along. Get them here.)