In this episode of the Birth, Baby, & Life podcast I introduce the show!!
I tell you what to expect from the show and what format it will take. I also talk a little about who I, Kristen, am, and why I'm so interested in pregnancy/birth/babies and podcasting. I tell you why podcasts fit into a mom's life so well 🙂
I discuss two recent news stories, one a re-published photo essay. This feature was originally done in the 1950's and shows the day-to-day life of a nurse-midwife in the rural South of the United States. I discuss why it's poignant in many ways, and what it's a good reminder of for modern day women.
The second story is from a celebrity mom who chose a natural birth her for twin boys. The story is empowering and a celebration of what's possible (without being condescending).
I wrap up the inaugural episode with a great quote from a doctor on how to get a “stuck” baby moving again. He says it works so often it's “crazy not to try it!”
In this episode I cover:
- What you'll hear about pregnancy
- What you'll hear about childbirth
- What you'll hear about baby care
- And what you'll hear about juggling life as a busy mom and as a modern woman
- How to think about childbirth
- An essential read as you prepare for your baby
- A must-try tip for getting a “stuck” baby moving during labor!
Items mentioned in this podcast include:
- MamaBaby Birthing
- Newsletter Sign-Up and the free teleclass series
- Time Life's Nurse Midwife Photo Essay
- Daya Vaidya's Interview with People/Celebrity Baby Blog
- Ina May's Guide to Childbirth by Ina May Gaskin
- John Stevenson's Quote (via the Midwifery Today Newsletter)
- The Pink Kit
I had a great time recording this first episode and getting it ready for you. Even though it's hard for me to go back and listen to it (I think I sound silly!), I'm reminded that I'll get better with time. I'd love to hear your feedback on this episode and what you'd like to hear about in future episodes. Have a guest you really want to hear from? Let me know! Thank you so much for listening and letting me share about myself and the new podcast.
(NOTE: Want a Perfect Birth Plan Template? Use this template and step-by-step videos to write a birth plan that gets your birth team on your side for a beautiful birth experience! Get the kit here.)