Podcast: Play in new window | Download | Embed
Subscribe: Google Podcasts | Spotify | Amazon Music | iHeartRadio | Stitcher | TuneIn | RSS
Yay, we've made to Episode 002 of the Birth, Baby, and Life Podcast!
This episode brings a lot of great information about soothing fussy babies, or even just the occasionally-grumpy baby 🙂 There's also information about “family-centered cesareans” and more!
Two big news stories are highlighted — the first covers the “Go the Full 40 for Your Baby” campaign. This campaign is working hard to let you and all mamas know how important it is for you to go the full 40 weeks of pregnancy!
The recent Britax recall (November 2012) is noted in the second news story.
A “birth” and a “baby” tip are featured in this episode — the movement to make necessary, planned cesareans a more respectful and “natural” experience for the family, and a proven “off-switch” for your baby's cries!
In this episode I cover:
- Info on a fabulous prenatal belly-dance routine
- Why going the full 40 weeks of pregnancy is vital for your baby's health… and yours
- How you can work with your healthcare team to make a necessary, planned c-section a beautiful experience for your family
- Why this “natural” cesarean movement is healthier for your baby and better for breastfeeding
- What's normal for babies and crying
- How to know if your baby has a medical problem or is just “fussy”
- An effective “off-switch” to soothe your fussy baby so you both feel more comfortable!
- A blanket that will help keep your baby cozy… and happy!
Right-click here to download the MP3
Items mentioned in this podcast include:
- Newsletter Sign-Up and the upcoming name change
- Dance of the Womb Prenatal Belly Dance DVD
- Go the Full 40 For Your Baby
- Britax Recall information (November '12)
- The Natural Cesarean
- The natural caesarean: a woman-centred technique
- The Happiest Baby on the Block Book
- The Happiest Baby on the Block DVD (highly recommended!)
- Miracle Blanket
This episode was fantastic to record for you. I feel like I'm still getting the hang of recording and have an occasional “hiccup” here and there, but I really enjoy sharing the amazing things I continue to discover about birth and baby… as well as time-tested resources you can use for a healthy, happier baby 🙂 I can't wait to record episode 003 – and bring a guest into the fun!
Click Here to Subscribe via iTunes
Click Here to Subscribe via RSS (non-iTunes feed)
(NOTE: Want a Perfect Birth Plan Template? Use this template and step-by-step videos to write a birth plan that gets your birth team on your side for a beautiful birth experience! Get the kit here.)
The tips, tools, and straight talk you want for pregnancy, childbirth, and bringing up baby
So Glad the US is doing the “natural caesarian” now. My cousin has had 2 scheduled sections as she has a tiny pelvis and her first was emergency after 24 hr so she didn’t want to do it again. The staff told us that this was the norm here in Australia for a section. They breastfed right on the table in fact my cousin reached out and assisted pulling her babies out.