I'm very excited to have our first guest, Andrea Olson of Go Diaper Free! Andrea was an excellent guest for our show. We cover so much — the basics of what EC is, who Andrea is, why she's qualified to write the go-to guide on EC, and more!
Andrea also answers some of the most common questions on elimination communication and diaper free babies and you will love her refreshing, down-to-earth answers. If EC has intrigued you, but you're not sure how to work it into your family, Andrea's words of wisdom will help you figure it out 😉
The beginning of this episode also covers a hot debate right now — antibiotic eye ointment for newborns. Tune in to hear why the gel is applied to a newborn's eyes within minutes of birth, and why it may not be the best thing for your baby.
In this episode I cover:
- What erythromycin eye ointment is and why it's used
- Why antibiotic eye ointment could interrupt bonding and create a possibly dangerous allergy
In my interview with Andrea she tells us::
- What elimination communication is
- What having a “diaper free baby” looks like in real life
- Why you'd consider the “bother” of using elimination communication with your child
- Andrea's experiences EC'ing… and why she decided to write a handbook for EC
- How you can be diaper free with your baby (without teaching him or her to pee everywhere)
- Surviving and overcoming “potty strikes”
- Can you get out and about with a diaper free baby?
- How to decide if EC'ing at night is right for you and your family
Items mentioned in this podcast include:
- Stop Unnecessary Antibiotic Eye Treatment for Newborns
- A great article on Erythomecin Eye Ointment
- Go Diaper Free! – Andrea's fresh update of her book!
- The Diaper Free Baby by Christine Gross-Loh
- Oh Crap. Potty Training by Jamie Glowacki
It was fabulous to interview Andrea for this podcast episode — she was awesome and gave such a great insight to diaper free babies (and toddlers)! She has so much wisdom to share about elimination communication and parenting in general. I had a lot of fun doing my first interview and I'm looking forward to many more in the future!
(NOTE: Want proven, practical strategies to make elimination communication work for you? Use these 5 proven techniques to connect when your baby and have EC success! Get them here.)