I'll spill the beans right now… this little tool is a birth ball! Okay, maybe it's not really a “little tool” – but it's amazing how much a simple exercise ball (“birth ball” is the glorified name) can really help during your labor. Listen in to find why it's worth it for Daddy to look silly toting a giant ball into the hospital with the rest of your gear 😉
In this episode I cover:
- How to relieve pelvic aches and pains during pregnancy
- Why your posture is important… and why the posture lessons you've learned are all wrong
- Where to go to get help with achey backs (this one is for mamas and daddies!)
- What position you want your baby to be in for the smoothest, easiest birth
- How to create tons of room for your baby to move safely through the birth canal
- Why a birth ball is one of the most powerful tools you can take to the hospital
- How to use a birth ball where you need to be – sitting on the floor or in the bed
- A birth ball tip you'll use after baby arrives!
Items mentioned in this podcast include:
- Sampling of Birth Balls in case you've never seen one!
- A great Birth Ball infographic from Your Doula Bag
- Esther Gokhale's Information on Good Posture
- 8 Steps to a Pain Free Back
- MamaBaby Birthing
Our baby is due in just over a week, so I kept this episode brief… the podcast is my last big “project” before I sit around and wait for baby. Maybe I'll finally get those baby outfits sewn 😉 Episode 007 is scheduled and ready for you, but hopefully by the time you hear it I'll have a baby in my arms. Thanks for listening, and send your feedback!
(NOTE: Want a Perfect Birth Plan Template? Use this template and step-by-step videos to write a birth plan that gets your birth team on your side for a beautiful birth experience! Get the kit here.)