Yep, we all have them (even if you don't want to admit it) – I'm talking about bad days. Days when the kids are cranky, the puppy tears the couch up, the toilet is overflowing, and the car breaks down. Handling one of those days is the subject of today's podcast!
In this episode I cover:
- Why it's okay to let your plans go (and when you should)
- This has a major effect on how your kids feel… and how you feel!
- What you need to do now to make sure the inevitable hard day goes better
- This easy meal can make even the crankiest toddler smile
- How a walk or dance across the living room helps your cranky kiddo… and you!
- What to do if your baby is melting down, your toddler is melting down, or you are melting down!
- Step-by-step hints for calming down so you can be there for your little one
- Why cleaning your house can bring peace and harmony 😉
- How to be calm and matter-of-fact as you help your child settle down
- A little list that will turn your day around
Items mentioned in this podcast include:
- Hospitals held accountable for c-sections
Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day[/raw]
- Birth, Baby, and Life Episode 002
Life at my house has been a little challenging lately. As if getting back to “life as usual” with a new baby weren't enough, we've had a cold and now a stomach virus running through. As you can guess, today's podcast is inspired by all those “terrible, horrible, no good, very bad days” in my own life. I'll tell you a little secret, though. You'll look back on those times not only glad they're gone, but as a better parent and a better person because of them. Pick on the tiny lessons you can learn from the challenging days, and don't be afraid to laugh. Sometimes life throws all of us a curve ball!
(NOTE: Want a Perfect Birth Plan Template? Use this template and step-by-step videos to write a birth plan that gets your birth team on your side for a beautiful birth experience! Get the kit here.)