Getting pregnant, having a baby, becoming a parent – it all means that everyone (and their mother) will give you advice. Every once in awhile, that's great advice. Most of the time it's… not. Here's some common “advice” you'll get, and why you really should listen to it!
In this episode I cover:
- Can you really spoil a baby?
- Do you really only need to breastfeed for a few months?
- How do you respond to someone asking if your baby sleeps through the night (and your baby isn't…)
- What defines a “good baby” …and if you should bother worrying about it.
- Why that last month pregnancy is so important for your baby's bones and brains
- What to say when someone accuses you of breastfeeding your older baby “just because you like it”
- What you can do to make richer breast milk for your baby
- How long you should expect it to take when you move your child into his or her own bed
- The old wive's tales you need to ignore
Items mentioned in this podcast include:
The Baby Book (Dr. Sears)[/raw]
Dr. Harvey Karp[/raw]
- My Online Childbirth Course
- Episode 007: Malia Jacobson on Sleep
- Homemade formula how-to
- Boosting Milk Supply Through Nutrition
(NOTE: Want a Perfect Birth Plan Template? Use this template and step-by-step videos to write a birth plan that gets your birth team on your side for a beautiful birth experience! Get the birth plan kit here.)