Postpartum body changes can feel a little overwhelming (or maybe really overwhelming), but knowing what to expect helps a lot. This is the second half of our series on what’s going on with you during the postpartum time. Here are some things you may experience – and how to handle them!
In this episode I cover:
- Afterpains – what they are (and how to handle them when they hurt)
- Engorgement and Leaking milk
- Belly pain (why it happens and how to stop it)
- What’s normal with postpartum bleeding – including lochia flow and clots
- Going to the bathroom after having a baby
- Why you need to pee a lot postpartum!
- Getting the nourishment you and baby really need
- Why “sleep when baby sleeps” really is good advice
Items mentioned in this podcast include:
- MANA stats
- What to Expect Early Postpartum
- How to Build a Strong Bond with Your Newborn
- Diastasis Recti video explanation
- Sign up for our newsletter!
(NOTE: Want a Perfect Birth Plan Template? Use this template and step-by-step videos to write a birth plan that gets your birth team on your side for a beautiful birth experience! Get the birth plan kit here.)