Did you know there are only a few days every month you can get pregnant? Women's bodies go through a monthly cycle building up towards ovulation, then sustaining a newly conceived baby. Understanding when you're fertile can help you get pregnant faster, and figure out why you're not getting pregnant. This episode covers the parts of your cycle and how you can chart them!
In this episode I cover:
- How many days are you actually fertile every month?
- How can you know when you're ovulating?
- What to expect with cervical fluids
- What can stop fertile fluid patterns
- Does conception occur in the uterus?
- This hormone helps you stay pregnant once you get pregnant
- Using charting get pregnant
- The difference between FAM and NFP
- Which charting software should you use?
Items mentioned in this podcast include:
- Taking Charge of Your Fertility: The Definitive Guide to Natural Birth Control, Pregnancy Achievement, and Reproductive Health
- Natural Family Planning: The Complete Approach (it looks like this is the most up-to-date version of the Kippley's NFP book and I definitely think they're the go-to experts on NFP!)
- Honoring Our Cycles: A Natural Family Planning Workbook
- The Ovusoft charting app – my top recommendation for charting your cycles!
- Fertility Friend – another very popular charting service
- Trust Birth 101 – get our birthing class series!
(NOTE: Want the Top Easy Steps to Boosting Your Fertility? Use these 5 simple, evidence-based steps to get pregnant and carry your healthy baby to term. Get them here.)