Fertility while breastfeeding is confusing – even frustrating! I can’t give you all the answers, but I go a long way towards clearing up the confusion in this podcast episode. I discuss signs of returning fertility, how to delay the return of fertility, and how to encourage your cycles if you want to get pregnant again!
In this episode I cover:
- The truth about breastfeeding as birth control
- How to participate in breastfeeding fertility trials
- When will normal fertility return?
- What steps your body goes through while breastfeeding
- Cervical fluid changes during breastfeeding
- What (besides pregnancy) can stop your cycle
- How stress influences fertility
- Should you consider weaning to get pregnant?
Items mentioned in this podcast include:
- NFP at Marquette University – ongoing studies on breastfeeding and fertility; how a fertility monitor can help you chart
- BBL 033: How Charting Helps You Get Pregnancy
- Helpful information on the transition to full fertility from Kellymom
(NOTE: Want the Top Easy Steps to Boosting Your Fertility? Use these 5 simple, evidence-based steps to get pregnant and carry your healthy baby to term. Get them here.)