Issues I Discuss in This Podcast:
- What are the risks of hemorrhage during the 3rd stage?
- How long is safe to wait on the placenta?
- Why your cat’s labor and birth are safer than yours
- How to prevent tearing
- A simple tip to “practice” for a smooth pushing stage
- Use these positions to push your baby out and avoid tearing
- What to do when labor seems “stalled”
- How to handle prodromal labor
- Should you be worried about a cord around the neck?
- Is having a small pelvis or sacral/coccyx in the way a problem?
- Why semi-squatting is a poor choice for pushing baby out
- How to prevent induction
- Eat this to go into labor at the right time, reduce risk of hemorrhage, and build a strong bag of waters!
- Handling anemia to prepare for birth
Items mentioned in this podcast include:
- What is Physiological Birth (this is a Must listen for preventing birth complications)
- How to Prevent Postpartum Hemorrhage
- The 9 Stages of Baby’s First Hour (the “golden hour”)
- How to Hand a Long Labor (and have a beautiful birhting)
- The Pink Kit (good for understanding how to make your sacrum and pelvis flexible
- Celosia Pearl’s birth story (lovely story of a mama working through a long labor & working hard to move baby through her pelvis)
(NOTE: Want a Perfect Birth Plan Template? Use this template and step-by-step videos to write a birth plan that gets your birth team on your side for a beautiful birth experience! Get the birth plan kit here.)
The tips, tools, and straight talk you want for pregnancy, childbirth, and bringing up baby
Photo by rabble