I really enjoyed handling routine “prenatal care” during my pregnancy with Sadie. In today’s episode I talk about what I did to care for myself and Sadie, why I still appreciated my midwife, and how directing my own care helped me bond with Sadie.
Topics I Cover in This Podcast:
- Why it’s so important to direct your own care during pregnancy
- Why I wanted to handle my own prenatal care
- The tools I used for my care
- What “clinical” signs I chose to monitor
- How I journaled my pregnancy
- Why I still wanted to have my midwife appointments
- How I listened to Sadie’s heartbeat and felt her position
(NOTE: Trying to balance your pregnancy, life, and getting ready for baby? Use my checklist pack stay healthy (naturally), organized, and confident throughout your pregnancy! Get them here.)
Things Mentioned on This Week’s Podcast
- Does Prenatal Care Really Save Lives?
- The fetoscope I used during pregnancy with Sadie
- Urinalysis Strips
- IndieBirth’s DIY Prenatal Care