BBL 067: Taking Prenatal Care Into My Own Hands
I really enjoyed handling routine “prenatal care” during my pregnancy with Sadie. In today's episode I talk about what I did to care for myself and Sadie, why I still appreciated my midwife, and how directing my own care helped me bond with Sadie.
Topics I Cover in This Podcast:
- Why it's so important to direct your own care during pregnancy
- Why I wanted to handle my own prenatal care
- The tools I used for my care
- What “clinical” signs I chose to monitor
- How I journaled my pregnancy
- Why I still wanted to have my midwife appointments
- How I listened to Sadie's heartbeat and felt her position
Things Mentioned on This Week's Podcast
- Does Prenatal Care Really Save Lives?
- The fetoscope I used during pregnancy with Sadie
- Urinalysis Strips
- IndieBirth's DIY Prenatal Care
Or subscribe with your favorite app by using the address below