Topics I Cover in This Podcast:
- Should babies be welcome in the workplace?
- The benefits of bringing baby to the office
- What child development experts say about having babies at work
- Strategies to make working with a baby in tow really really work
- Case studies from real parents on how they brought their baby to the sales floor, the office, and the boardroom!
- Thoughts on toddlers and older kids in the office
- How business owners feel about babies-at-work programs
Things Mentioned on This Week's Podcast
* Smart Mama, Happy Baby – 25+ parenting classes in the library, regular guided book studies, weekly live Q&A sessions for all pregnancy and parenting issues, menu plans, and more!
* Rhiza's case study – practical thoughts for making babies work at work!
* Stacy Bendet makes a short workday work well with her newborn
* Alina Chourasia shares her experiences having her baby on the sales floor
* GL Group has a long history of babies in the workplace
* Parenting in the Workplace Institute great resources for exploring having babies in the workplace!
* The OpenWork initiative – focused on making employment better from many perspectives
Check out this video from W.S. Badger on having babies in the workplace (and generally making your workplace very friendly to employees):
[responsive_video type='youtube' hide_related='1′ hide_logo='1′ hide_controls='0′ hide_title='1′ hide_fullscreen='0′ autoplay='0′]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ZCLXW-NGk0[/responsive_video]