How Mamas Can Find Time to Get Moving!
Why do moms need to get moving? How does movement during pregnancy help prepare you for birth? And why do I say “movement” instead of exercise? Find it all out – and how to fit it into your day – in this episode!
Topics I Cover in This Podcast:
- Why I use the word “movement” instead of exercise (I promise, there's method to my madness!)
- How to overcome negative associations with exercise and get motivated to get moving
- Why a focus on “exercise” can be dangerous to pregnant mamas (and a healthier way to focus your movement)
- Birth is an athletic event: here's how to train for it!
- The super-secret birth prep your body is doing (without you lifting a finger – or a dumbbell!)
- How regular movement helps prevent the “mummy tummy” and embarrassing incontinence issues
- Adding movement into your already busy day (hint: it's much easier than you think!)
- How to spread the household tasks to get the most bang for your movement buck
- Tips for making movement happen if you're at the office all day
- Why phone calls are the perfect opportunity to “stack your movement”
- This ONE movement will help you more than almost any other – and it's easy to add into your day
- How to structure your space to make movement happen effortlessly (and help your kids develop strength and good postures while you're at it
- Must-know precautions for pregnant and postpartum mamas
Things Mentioned on This Week's Podcast
- Katy Bowman – she coined the concept of movement stacking and you will find tons of real-life, mom-tested strategies on her site. Highly recommended
- Dance of the Womb – a review of my favorite pregnancy belly dance program
- Trim Healthy Mama Workins – I find these workins to be a lot of fun, easy to fit into your day, but they will get your body moving and your blood pumping! Also highly recommended. Postpartum and pregnancy modifications are included with every routine, as well as a higher-intensity level for ambitious mamas 😉
Or subscribe with your favorite app by using the address below