How can we foster creativity, ingenuity, problem-solving, and more in our preschoolers? Give them the time and space to do so! Today I talk about encouraging preschoolers to play without needing an adult to guide them every step of the way… and why that's so important!
Topics I Cover in This Podcast:
- How to baby step into helping your preschooler play without an adult to guide
- The differences between independent play for toddlers and preschoolers
- Should our children need structure all the time?
- How to honor your child's unique needs (and balance what you need, too)
- The American preschool paradigm – and why it's flawed
- How you can foster authentic creativity in your preschooler
- Why problem-solving and imagination are the real work of the early years
- How to let go of guilt and let your kids explore
- Helicopter parenting – is it destroying your child's future success?
- Creating healthy boundaries for a preschooler
- How to step back and given freedom within boundaries
- Ideas for creative alone time, art time, science time, quiet time, and outside time!
Things Mentioned on This Week's Podcast
- Teaching your toddler to have an alone time – Episode 65 has a lot of practical insights on how to help your child learn to enjoy time alone!
- Smart Mama Happy Baby – our membership club for mamas with monthly parenting book studies, weekly Q&A calls for any (and every!) question, and classes covering what you want to know about pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, and beyond!
- Family Fun – this magazine really does have great ideas for fun crafts and activities for kids of all ages <3