Are you in the thick of homeschooling your kids when you discover the happy news that a new baby is on the way? How can you juggle the needs of babies and toddlers while still giving your older kids what they need to succeed? I cover what I've learned in juggling homeschool with kids from homeschool right down to bouncing baby 😉
Topics I Cover in This Podcast:
- That it IS possible to balance baby and everybody else!
- How rhythm and routine can help young kids feel secure – and make your homeschool day go more smoothly
- Strategies to help littles feel like they get special “mom time”
- Curriculum strategies that keep everybody learning – together!
- Suggested curriculums
- The importance of teaching little ones to have an alone time
- How “active math” can include everybody!
- Using nature walks for nature, science, and sanity
- How to handle schooling when you have a newborn
- How you can help high schoolers when you still have little kids
- Tips for organizing your homeschool
Things Mentioned on This Week's Podcast
- Ambleside Online – a free, Charlotte Mason-style curriculum
- Five in a Row
- Teaching Your Toddler to Enjoy Alone Time – my full podcast on this topic!
- Our Island Story – an example of lovely, narrative history
- Ingri d'Aulaire books are another example of captivating living history books – my kids LOVE these and they inspire hours of creative play!
- The Ultimate Homeschool Organization Course – Several of Krist's systems have really helped me get our homeschool organized
(NOTE: Want a Perfect Birth Plan Template? Use this template and step-by-step videos to write a birth plan that gets your birth team on your side for a beautiful birth experience! Get the birth plan kit here.)
The tips, tools, and straight talk you want for pregnancy, childbirth, and bringing up baby