Managing the Kids Without a Lot of Help
Are you trying to take care of your kids without a lot of help? Regardless of your situation – single mom, husband deployed, working, incarcerated… or if you have very little “hands on” help locally – the tips in today's podcast show you how you can handle it with grit and grace.
Topics I Cover in This Podcast:
- The #1 strategy you MUST use to handle the littles on your own!
- How to think about routines that will really work
- Why consistency is the key to getting compliance from kids
- What little kids thrive on (this may surprise you)
- How to save your sanity as a mama
- How to gain the clarity (and simplicity) you need to guide your home
- Exactly how to leave your emotions at the door – so you become the mom you want to be
- Watch for Part 2 next week – we'll talk about using systems to overcome problems!
Things Mentioned on This Week's Podcast
- Managers of Their Homes – this book gives very practical, step-by-step instructions for creating routine. It's geared toward homeschooling families but is applicable to all. It's been my go-to for over a decade of planning family routines.
- Parenting with Love and Logic – this book gives great “on the ground” advice on keeping your emotions out parenting and raising a resilient, successful kid. If you have teens, get the teen edition, too. Highly recommended!
- Teaching Self Government helps you define a vision for your family and put in place systems and and standards that really work. A perfect compliment to Love and Logic.
Birth, Baby, and Life Podcast
Or subscribe with your favorite app by using the address below