When life feels crazy and overwhelming, systems get life back on track so you have time to give your family the attention they need – and take some time for yourself, too. Systems and other practical tips round out part two of our series on managing the kids without a lot of help.
Topics I Cover in This Podcast:
- How systems can help you save your sanity when life is overwhelming
- Don't make this common mistake when choosing systems (hint: baby-step into things)
- My favorite systems for keeping the house under control
- How to get your kids to help around the house
- Why meal planning should be simple (and how to keep it that way)
- The #1 mistake overwhelmed mamas make – and what you must do to avoid it
- A simple technique to make every situation with your kids less stressful
Things Mentioned on This Week's Podcast
- Neatlings Chore Chart System – the chore system my family uses
- Motivated Moms is the system that has worked best for me to keep up with regular housework. I love it and have never tried anything else since finding Motivated Moms. I especially like that it includes “little things” like clipping my children's nails!
- Fly Lady – another housekeeping system many like!
- Home Management Plan & Simple – this is the newly written version of Large Family Logistics, a book I found helpful when I first started developing home systems. I haven't seen this version of the book, but I imagine it's a solid help to a mama who needs to learn systems for her home
Resources from last week's podcast are also helpful – don't miss How to Manage the Kids Without a Lot of Help
(NOTE: Want a Perfect Birth Plan Template? Use this template and step-by-step videos to write a birth plan that gets your birth team on your side for a beautiful birth experience! Get the kit here.)