Some women have an actual fear of pregnancy, carrying a baby, and/or giving birth. I give some thoughts and hints in today's episode. This is a must-listen episode, even if you don't have these fears.
Topics I Cover in This Podcast:
- What is fear of pregnancy – and why do some women experience it?
- Specific causes of these fears, and how to work through them
- Why care with a midwife is helpful for women with pregnancy and childbirth fear
- How to deal with the thought of baby as a “parasite”
- The TRUTH about the movie and TV birth scenes you've seen… and the stories you've been told
- Do you really “lose your life” to pregnancy? To birth? To parenting? My perspectives
- Why this is an incredibly important topic for women today, and for our daughters and granddaughters
Things Mentioned on This Week's Podcast
- The entirety of NaturalBirthandBabyCare.com – I really strongly encourage you to explore the pregnancy and birthing information I have on this website. It's a wealth of information on the truth about pregnancy and baby.
- MamaBaby Personal Prenatal – my consulting service, where I “take you by the hand” and walk with you through your pregnancy… no matter where you are starting from <3
- Birth as an American Rite of Passage – very interesting read, this is honestly something all women pregnant and birthing within the “modern” model should read
(NOTE: Want a Perfect Birth Plan Template? Use this template and step-by-step videos to write a birth plan that gets your birth team on your side for a beautiful birth experience! Get the birth plan kit here.)
The tips, tools, and straight talk you want for pregnancy, childbirth, and bringing up baby