What You Need to Know About Plus-Sized Pregnancy with bebo mia
Starting pregnancy over your “ideal weight” can bring its own risks and challenges – but they may not be what you're expecting. Here's the surprising truth about plus-sized pregnancy and how you can advocate for yourself and your baby.
Topics We Discuss in this Podcast:
- Who and what bebo mia is and how they're supporting families
- Why women who start pregnacy overweight are at risk – and why that risk may not be what you expect
- The BMI scale is flawed – here's what you need to know and how it can impact you
- What weight gain recommendations are in place for women starting pregnancy at various BMI ranges
- Why weight gain recommendations are NOT evidence-based!
- How the current protocols for handling overweight pregnancies can put mothers and babies at risk
- Important things to look for when you're searching for a supportive, body-positive care provider
- What you DO need to do if you're having a plus-sized pregnancy
Things Mentioned on This Week's Podcast
- bebo.mia. – where you can get more from Bianca and Natasha, including support for birth professionals and families
- bebo mia's Facebook page!
- Sign up for my newsletter – get updates on new episodes, vital information on pregnancy and birth, and more
Or subscribe with your favorite app by using the address below