Why Your Pregnancy Diet Advice is All Wrong
What you eat makes a difference to your baby! Lily shares 5 surprising pregnancy diet facts that will help you eat exactly what your baby needs most… and help you really enjoy your food. As a dietician with a passion for helping mamas, Lily has read and referenced over 900 studies to bring you the evidence on pregnancy diet. This don't-miss episode will surprise you – and encourage you!
Topics We Discuss in This Podcast:
- Why accurate pregnancy diet information is so vital for you and your baby
- Official advice says to get 50-60% of your calories from carbs – but is that really what's best for baby?
- How to make sure diet is rich in micro-nutrients your baby needs
- Why carbs can spell trouble for blood sugar – and blood pressure
- What you need to know about protein and pregnancy (with the science to back it up)
- The truth about salt – can salt actually bring blood pressure down?
- How to eat fish safely (plus how to get plenty of brain-boosting iodine)
- What's the scoop on sushi?
- How what you eat can help prevent pregnancy complications
- What you need to know about eating well and staying comfortable throughout pregnancy
Things Mentioned on This Week's Podcast
- Real Food for Pregnancy – Lily's book, a must-have for every pregnant mama!
- How to Handle Gestational Diabetes – My first interview with Lily!
- Real Food for Gestational Diabetes – Lily's book on gestational diabetes
- Lily Nichols – Lily's website
Or subscribe with your favorite app by using the address below