There are many supposed benefits to eating the placenta after birth – either fresh or encapsulated. In today's episode I share some benefits and some possible downsides to choosing to consume your placenta!
Topics I Cover in This Podcast:
- The purpose of the placenta during pregnancy
- How the placenta works on your side (the maternal side)
- How the placenta works on the baby's side – this is the “Tree of Life!”
- What happens to the placenta after the baby is born
- How to know when your baby is done with the placenta
- The placenta and postpartum hemorrhage
- Several options to consider with your baby's cord and the afterbirth
- Why many mamas are choosing to consume their placentas
- Positive hormonal effects from placental consumption
- The different types of placenta!
- Why some women choose not to consume placenta
- Basic thoughts on processing or choosing someone to process placenta
- Thoughts on cord clamping and lotus birth
- My personal choices with placental consumption
Things Mentioned on This Week's Podcast
- My articleo n preventing postpartum hemorrhage
- Repurpose Your Placenta by Ruth Goldberg, CNM – Ruth also has good resources linked from her site. Recommended!
- See pic just below for how I dried Sadie's cord as a keepsake – the little heart shape was spontaneous! We have chosen to bury our babies' placentas <3
(NOTE: Want Real Mom Tested Techniques for Handling Labor Pain? Use these 11 proven natural childbirth techniques to handle labor and keep things moving right along. Get them here.)
Or subscribe with your favorite app by using the address below