Dear Fellow Mama,
Do you find yourself wondering “should I vaccinate my baby?”
Does your head feel like it's spinning when you look at all the information out there on vaccines? Get lost in a blur of “do this, do that, OR ELSE” that comes in on all sides of the vaccine debate?
Or perhaps you're really worried about the safety of vaccines for your particular child. Are they safe? Are they effective? Do they cause more problems than they solve?
How do you know what's right?
I know exactly how you feel. I've been there. I read all of the evidence against vaccines in the months while I waited for my first baby. I read all of the information from the doctor's office and standard baby books.
I can still remember the day I sobbed watching my very new baby girl get shots. I felt bullied into it. I cried more than she did! It took months before I had the courage to call that doctor's office and tell them I'd found another doctor (I actually skipped an appointment or two and claimed Cassidy was sick at another appointment to delay her next round of shots!).
I honestly wasn't sure that all vaccines were a bad thing. I just didn't want to feel coerced into making a choice I wasn't ready for – and I was seriously concerned about the sheer number of vaccines they wanted to give my kid.
Fast forward 15 years 🙂 I've come a long way since I first flipped through the pages of Mothering Magazine's vaccine exposes. I've read a lot, and I've had a bunch more babies 😉
I've also quietly helped other mamas and daddies think through their options. I say “quietly” because vaccines are a hot topic.
But I've decided I can't be quiet about it anymore. Families deserve to get a clear picture of vaccines, and it should be as unbiased as possible.
Okay, first, let me be completely honest with you here – I can't give you all the answers. I can't tell you exactly what you should do for your family.
There are two camps that can tell you the answers:
- Government and medical officials say the answer is to get every single vaccine on the market.
- Anti-vaccine groups say the answer is to avoid every single vaccine on the market.
You might agree with one of those groups, and I totally support you in that choice. Or you might be like me and so many of my students – undecided or think that some vaccines are great and others are, well, maybe not so great (or safe).
If that's you, keep reading:
This class is going to cover a lot of ground – you'll have a full understanding of each childhood vaccine (and vaccines currently recommended during pregnancy) and different factors to consider as you determine what's right for your family:
- A profile of each different shot
- Where vaccines came from
- Vaccine efficacy (do they work?)
- Vaccine safety
- Parental rights
- Vaccine schedules & alternative possibilities
- Keeping your child safe
- Keeping your community safe
]When you get through this class you'll feel fully informed about vaccine choices. I'll also give you resources to do further research. As a parent your child is your top priority and I want you to have everything you need to make the right choice for your family.
These are some of the things you'll discover
- Some claim disease rates dropped before vaccines, while others claim they dropped because of vaccines. Which statistics are right?
- Are vaccines responsible for increasing levels of autoimmune disease?
- What's the real deal on mercury in our vaccines?
- Is there an alternate vaccination schedule that gives all the benefits without the risks?
- How to find a care provider who respects your parental rights
- How to talk to your care provider about vaccines
- The reality of school and daycare in a vaccination nation
- Fact vs. Fiction on common vaccine issues: do vaccines cause autism, allergies, cancer, diabetes, and more?
- Is there such thing as “too many vaccines?”
- How to be a vaccine-savvy traveler
- Handling insurance companies and government agencies
- What's the role of corporate profit in our modern vaccine schedule?
- Is illness always a bad thing? Thinking holistically about health
- Is the immunity vaccines give “artificial?” Will it wear off when your family needs it most?
- How to give your child the gift of natural immunity – for life
- What's the real agenda with well-baby visits?
- A strategy for safe shots
We tackle all of these questions and more in the class – including a large Q&A segment.** Again, I won't promise I can tell you exactly what to do – but I can promise you'll feel more informed and prepared to make the right decisions for your family after you finish this class.
My normal consultation rate is $150 an hour, and since I'm reserving (at least) two hours for this class, the charge would be at least $300. Initially, I thought to offer this at the recorded class rate of $67. As I sat thinking about it, though, thinking back to my tears, frustration, and overwhelm as I watched 4-month old Cassidy get shots I wasn't quite ready for, I realized I can't even charge that. I want as many mamas as possible to feel confident and informed – so you don't feel bullied – so you can make the right choice for your baby. So I'm offering this class for $20. Click below to register now!
This class includes class video, slides, and full transcript, along with handouts!
P.S. Maybe you feel confident – you know you're going to get every shot. Or you know you won't be getting any shots. But if you feel confused, bewildered, or just plain overwhelmed by the choices, this class is for you. Vaccines can prevent major illnesses – and they also literally inject foreign substances directly into your precious baby's blood supply – the decision is never easy and it's never clear-cut. You deserve the information, and the confidence, you'll get from this straightforward, “plain language,” and unbiased class. This is an excellent investment in your baby's health, safety, and future 🙂
Here's a quick video I did on what we cover in the class!