Many mamas second-guess themselves or even feel powerless to speak up for themselves during pregnancy and while mothering. While listening to the “experts” can be helpful, this episode helps you discover how to listen to and trust yourself.
Topics I Cover in This Podcast:
- What exactly does “trusting yourself” mean?
- What trusting yourself is NOT (hint: it's not all about touchy-feely intuition!)
- How to listen to what your body is telling you
- Easy ways to start trusting your body – even if you've ignored it before
- How to honor your emotions the right way
- What you should do – even if you know you're overreacting to something
- Why your emotions are valid (but you may still choose NOT to act on them!)
- Truth – gaining knowledge is an important part of trusting yourself
- It's totally okay to consult “experts” and others who have had similar experiences (and how to keep believing in YOU when you do that)
- What to do when you feel like your intuition is broken
- Feeling confident when you talk to care providers (and critical family members)
Things Mentioned on This Week's Podcast
- MamaBaby Birthing – my self-paced online childbirth course with weekly Q&A calls (feel free to pick my brain to add to your knowledge!)
- Ann Voskamp's One Thousand Gifts – I mentioned I'm working through this book with my ladies' group and it is challenging (in a good way!). I've found the workbook to be really helpful, too.
- Standing Firm in Your Choices w/ Hannah – listen to how Hannah phrases things when she's communicating with a care provider. Part 2 of Hannah's interview is really good too – very helpful insights on honoring your ituition!
The tips, tools, and straight talk you want for pregnancy, childbirth, and bringing up baby