This episode is in honor of the Go Diaper Free initiative, and the first annual Go Diaper Free! Week 🙂 We've talked about elimination communication before on the podcast, so this episode takes a different slant on the whole diaper-free thing. I do cover a little on the “why's” and “why it's not gross” of EC'ing your baby, but I spend more time giving you a practical idea of what that might look like on a day-to-day basis, and what it will look like as your baby gets mobile.
Enjoy a picture of what life can look like with a relaxed, natural EC experience… and how nice it will be to get your kid out of diapers with dignity and respect – well before he or she is 3, 4, or 5!
In this episode I cover:
- Go Diaper Free! Week – what it is and why it's something to pay attention to
- A big move for our favorite EC guidebook – Go Diaper Free!
- Why you want to consider diaper free time for your baby
- And why that's totally not gross 😉
- A day in the life of an in-arms diaper free baby
- What to do when your baby gets mobile
- Why it's OK to use diapers with a “diaper free” baby
- How to take a break if you need it
- My top tips for any parent wanting to give EC a try
Items mentioned in this podcast include:
- The Go Diaper Free! Week Initiative
- Episode 003 – Interview with Andrea Olson
- . by Andrea Olson
- Ingrid Bauer's Natural Infant Hygiene Book
- EC Wear – clothes for EC'd babies
- Brennan, Galen, and Honor's elimination communication journals
- Honor's EC Graduation
(NOTE: Want proven, practical strategies to make elimination communication work for you? Use these 5 proven techniques to connect when your baby and have EC success! Get them here.)