Parents often follow along with fetal development during pregnancy, but what does your baby actually experience inside the womb? What's it like in there? How can you make it the best environment possible? All that and more in this episode:
In this episode I cover:
- Why look beyond “fetal development”
- How baby experiences time in the womb
- Did you know? Babies are graceful, not jerky, in the womb
- How to create the perfect womb environment for baby
- And how Daddy is especially good at this 🙂
- Why stress isn't always bad for baby (and when it is)
- Handling stress if it's getting bad
- Building relaxation and connection into every day
Items mentioned in this podcast include:
- MamaBaby Birthing Classes – my online childbirth classes, designed to help you prepare for a natural birth, and to enjoy your pregnancy and bond with your baby along the way 😀
- Pregnancy Week by Week – pictures of baby development in the womb (please note some are real babies lost to miscarriage, photographed by doctors aiding their families)
- A Child Is Born
- Karen Strange's Neonatal Workshops – this workshop is for birth professionals; I learned so much and discussed Karen's work quite a bit in the podcast 🙂
- Gentle Birth, Gentle Mothering – Sarah Buckley's wonderful book on hormones and bonding
- Birth n Babies magazine
- Prenatal Parenting – Dr. Wirth's excellent book on bonding prenatally.
- Pre-Parenting: Nurturing Your Child from Conception – Thomas Verney's book on prenatal bonding, also highly recommended!
- Windows to the Womb: Revealing the Conscious Baby from Conception to Birth – a gem on prenatal bonding from David Chamberlain… he truly devoted his life to understanding what our babies feel before, during, and after birth!
- Walking Through Shadows – my story of prenatal depression
- The Chemistry of Connection – this book discusses how you can overcome lack of connection, and how you can foster strong connection for your children.
(NOTE: Want a Perfect Birth Plan Template? Use this template and step-by-step videos to write a birth plan that gets your birth team on your side for a beautiful birth experience! Get the kit here.)
The tips, tools, and straight talk you want for pregnancy, childbirth, and bringing up baby
Photo by Marko