When I asked what you wanted to know about, pregnancy diet was the hottest topic! Exercise and birth preparation were up there too, so over the next few weeks I'll feature your questions – and my answers – in the Birth, Baby, and Life Q&A series 🙂 Enjoy!
Issues I Discuss in This Podcast:
- What's an overall nutritious pregnancy diet?
- Why is diet so important?
- Watch out for these common misconceptions about prenatal nutrition
- Protein – it's important but doesn't stand alone
- Every pregnant woman should have this on her table
- Can you eat well even if you can't include dairy or eggs in your diet?
- Handling food when morning sickness and aversions are overwhelming
- What to do when cravings are getting the best of you
Items mentioned in this podcast include:
- MamaBaby Birthing Classes – these are the classes I mentioned on the call and the source for many of these great questions!
- My free newsletter and mini-birthing class series
- Dr Brewer Pregnancy Diet: Nurse Joy Jones' website with many technical details about why the Brewer Diet works
Trim Healthy Mama[/raw] recipe (Please note: I loooove the recipe I mentioned from this book, but I prefer the Brewer diet over the pregnancy diet outlined here. I do think it can be adapted to work with the Brewer diet, especially if you follow their advice of adding extras during pregnancy rather than sticking to “the plan” word-for-word.)
(NOTE: Trying to balance your pregnancy, life, and getting ready for baby? Use my checklist pack stay healthy (naturally), organized, and confident throughout your pregnancy! Get them here.)