Today I interviewed Tracy Cutchlow, author of Zero to Five: 70 Essential Parenting Tips Based on Science. Tracy shared great tips for fostering your baby and toddler’s development – and enjoying parenthood in the early years. Listen in for more:
Topics We Discussed in This Podcast:
- Essential parenting tips for each age and stage
- Why talking is important to our kids – and why how you talk to them matters
- How to help little ones develop good sleep habits
- Which toys enhance a child’s brain development (hint: these are their favorite toys too!)
- Yes, you can help toddlers start to discover self-control. Here’s how…
- Why making mistakes is really important for kids (even if it’s not easy for parents to watch)
- Being bored is essential for your kids – here’s why, and how you can use it to help your child discover creativity
- How to nurture yourself during parenting (and why that’s so important!)
Things Mentioned on This Week’s Podcast
- Zero to Five: 70 Essential Parenting Tips Based on Science – Tracy’s book!
- Zero to Five – sign up for Tracy’s newsletter here
- [raw]Brain Rules for Baby[/raw]
- Smart Mama, Happy Baby – my member’s only club for mamas of young kids!
- The Bringing Baby Home Program