Is your home a complete mess – and you don't know how to get it back on track? In today's podcast I give you secret weapons that will help you get your home feeling fresh and clean even during the most overwhelming times of your life. I share my top tips from 18+ years of managing a home – and a whole lot of kids!
Topics I Cover in This Podcast:
- My #1 top secret weapon for conquering any cleaning task – You can use this no matter what your life looks like
- Are you making this major mistake with your laundry? (hint: fix this and you'll get your laundry back on track… and keep it there)
- Why lists are every mama's friend – and how to use lists even when you're not a planning person
- What moms and CEOs have in common and how it can help you keep up with the housework
- Here's what you can do with your baby while you get your house under control (plus when to involve your kids – and when to let them watch a movie so you can clean
- Why you absolutely must NOT start with decluttering when your house is out of control
- Don't know how to clean? Don't be embarrassed – I share my top tool for overwhelmed mamas who never had home economics!
- Why moms should always start with their bathroom
- Tips for how to clean the kitchen – fast
- What to do when a mountain of laundry is towering over you
- How to handle kid cleanup (and create lasting peace for your home)
- Tips for choosing a maintenance system that works for you
Things Mentioned on This Week's Podcast
- Martha Stewart's Homekeeping Handbook – this is a great basic cleaning book if you were never taught to clean a home
- My Grove Review – This review is older (look at how tiny Sadie is!) but we still use Grove to get green and eco-friendly cleaning products delivered right to the door. I truly love the product selection and I especially love Grove's own line of kitchen cleaning brushes. Even as a busy mama of 8 it is easy for me to handle my monthly order and cancelling a box if I don't need anything that month is hassle-free. Highly recommended!
- Motivated Moms – I have shared Motivated Moms many times before because it has truly been a lifesaver for me. I love how I have a few things to do every day to keep on track with home care, and I love how if I miss a day I know I'll catch back up soon. Motivated Moms has worked better for me than any other system – I feel a true sense of satisfaction when I have my daily “MoMo” block!
(NOTE: Want a Perfect Birth Plan Template? Use this template and step-by-step videos to write a birth plan that gets your birth team on your side for a beautiful birth experience! Get the birth plan kit here.)