How to Handle Gestational Diabetes
Have you been told you have gestational diabetes – or are you worried about it? Have you gained weight more quickly than you'd like in this pregnancy? Lily Nichols shares how you can get your blood sugar under control – naturally – and how you can enjoy your diet and give your baby all the nutrients he or she needs to grow, too! Listen in for a fantastic interview!
Topics We Discuss in This Podcast:
- What you can do if you're worried about or diagnosed with gestational diabetes
- How diet can help you keep blood sugar under control – and keep you feeling satisfied
- Why the standard gestational diabetes recommendations are wrong
- How you can learn to listen to your body – so your baby gets the nutrients he or she really needs
- How to keep your diet simple, yet effecitve at controlling blood sugars
- Important supplements to consider
- What you need to know about exercise and blood sugar
- When to consider medications and/or insulin – and what to discuss with your doctor
- Where to get more info – including real food meal plans!
Things Mentioned on This Week's Podcast
- Real Food for GD – Lily's website 🙂 Watch her free videos, get the book, and get more information on her online gestational diabetes course (and meal plans)!
- PilatesNutritionist.com – Lily's site on balancing real nutrition and real life
Or subscribe with your favorite app by using the address below