Podcast: Play in new window | Download | Embed
Subscribe: Google Podcasts | Spotify | Amazon Music | iHeartRadio | Stitcher | TuneIn | RSS
How do you prepare your older child or children for life with a new baby? After welcoming 7 new siblings in our family, I've discovered a few tips and ideas that will help you get big brothers and sisters off to a great start with a new sibling!
Topics I Cover in This Podcast:
- Major changes you should consider before the new baby comes
- The exact timing of big changes to help your older child adjust (and keep your sanity)
- Why routines are your best friend when it comes to toddlers and new babies
- How to help your child prepare for the sights and sounds of babies
- What to do if your child has sensory issues
- Special activities that keep your older child feeling loved when the new baby arrives
- How your child can help with baby (in a way that works for both of you)
- Why calling in reinforcements can help your older child adjust
- How to think in “mother mode” now so you have the energy for your new babe – and your todder later
- Keeping your toddler safe while you tend the new baby
Right-click here to download the MP3
Things Mentioned on This Week's Podcast
- Creating a Baby Schedule and Routine
- Teaching your Toddler to Have an Alone Time
- Meeting the Needs of Your Toddler and Newborn
Birth, Baby, and Life Podcast
Kristen Burgess: Crazy About Everything Pregnancy, Childbirth, and Baby
The tips, tools, and straight talk you want for pregnancy, childbirth, and bringing up baby
Kristen, I am so happy to see that the podcast is back! I listened to pretty much every episode while pregnant with my 18mo, and now I’m pregnant again (14wks!) Please do give us a life update on a future episode so we can hear how you all are doing!
Thanks Evelyn, I’m happy to be doing the podcast again! Congrats on your new pregnancy =D Let me know if there are any topics you’d like to see me cover!