Topics I Cover in This Podcast:
- What Rh status is and how you know if it effects your pregnancy
- Why it’s such a touchy topic!
- How sensitization can occur during a pregnancy (or before pregnancy)
- What keeps the first baby safe from sensitization
- How to test for sensitization
- Steps you can take to prevent sensitization
- What’s the deal with Rhogam injections? Should you have it done?
- Finding out baby’s blood type
Things Mentioned on This Week’s Podcast
- My listener survey!!
- The Healthy, Wealthy, Wise giveaway!
- Understanding Diagnostic Tests in the Childbearing Year
- Anti-D in Midwifery, Pancea or Paradox
- Eldoncard – this can be used to determine your Rh status (or your baby’s) at home
- Eldoncard Instructions – this PDF was really helpful to me to determine Sadie’s blood type (which we confirmed with a lab test)