Should We Take Women Out of Birth?
Language, pronouns, semantics – all are a hot topic today. How is language impacting the world of birth – and why is taking women out of birth much more dangerous that it seems? Details inside this episode…
Topics I Cover in This Podcast:
- Should we take women out of birth?
- What do the statistics say about who is giving birth?
- How birth helps women step into their power (and how technocratic birth robs women of their power)
- How the power and confidence of a great birth strengthens women
- Why we should stop oppressing and suppressing the power of women
- Birth is NOT a political platform
Things Mentioned on This Week's Podcast
- ACNM Policy Statement on transgender individuals
- ACOG opinion statement on transgender individuals and health care
- TransBirth – a directory for trans families looking for birth workers
- Nisa: The Life and Words of a !Kung Woman – birth wasn't a fearful thing
- The Good Earth – interesting and empowering birth scene
- Taking Back Birth podcast
Or subscribe with your favorite app by using the address below