Language, pronouns, semantics – all are a hot topic today. How is language impacting the world of birth – and why is taking women out of birth much more dangerous that it seems? Details inside this episode…
Topics I Cover in This Podcast:
- Should we take women out of birth?
- What do the statistics say about who is giving birth?
- How birth helps women step into their power (and how technocratic birth robs women of their power)
- How the power and confidence of a great birth strengthens women
- Why we should stop oppressing and suppressing the power of women
- Birth is NOT a political platform
Things Mentioned on This Week’s Podcast
- ACNM Policy Statement on transgender individuals
- ACOG opinion statement on transgender individuals and health care
- TransBirth – a directory for trans families looking for birth workers
- Nisa: The Life and Words of a !Kung Woman – birth wasn’t a fearful thing
- The Good Earth – interesting and empowering birth scene
- Taking Back Birth podcast
(NOTE: Want a Perfect Birth Plan Template? Use this template and step-by-step videos to write a birth plan that gets your birth team on your side for a beautiful birth experience! Get the birth plan kit here.)