Podcast: Play in new window | Download | Embed
Subscribe: Google Podcasts | Spotify | Amazon Music | iHeartRadio | Stitcher | TuneIn | RSS
Language, pronouns, semantics – all are a hot topic today. How is language impacting the world of birth – and why is taking women out of birth much more dangerous that it seems? Details inside this episode…
Topics I Cover in This Podcast:
- Should we take women out of birth?
- What do the statistics say about who is giving birth?
- How birth helps women step into their power (and how technocratic birth robs women of their power)
- How the power and confidence of a great birth strengthens women
- Why we should stop oppressing and suppressing the power of women
- Birth is NOT a political platform
Right-click here to download the MP3
Things Mentioned on This Week's Podcast
- ACNM Policy Statement on transgender individuals
- ACOG opinion statement on transgender individuals and health care
- TransBirth – a directory for trans families looking for birth workers
- Nisa: The Life and Words of a !Kung Woman – birth wasn't a fearful thing
- The Good Earth – interesting and empowering birth scene
- Taking Back Birth podcast
(NOTE: Want a Perfect Birth Plan Template? Use this template and step-by-step videos to write a birth plan that gets your birth team on your side for a beautiful birth experience! Get the kit here.)
Birth, Baby, and Life Podcast
Kristen Burgess: Crazy About Everything Pregnancy, Childbirth, and Baby
The tips, tools, and straight talk you want for pregnancy, childbirth, and bringing up baby
Thank you Kristen for all you do to empower women! Great episode. I truly believe that our society needs to be more in tune with the sacred feminine and with that respect and be in awe of the power of birth. One thing I disagree with you on – you saying you are not a feminist. “Feminism isn’t about making women stronger. Women are already strong. It’s about changing the way the world perceives that strength.” GD Anderson
Thank you for addressing this challenging topic! I agree that everyone involved in the birth process needs to be treated with care, respect, and dignity, regardless of how they identify their own gender. And I appreciate that you are also underscoring that birth is a powerful, sacred part of the feminine experience that cannot be experienced by someone who is not female. This is a woman’s experience that we need to maintain women at the core of this issue.
YES!!!!! The most powerful speech I have ever heard! YES to it all!!!!
Thank you for this episode!! I agree so strongly with you
You’re welcome, Victoria!