BBL 043: What is Physiological Birth?
Physiological birth is both safe and the ideal for mamas and babies, but what is it? What is it not? This podcast covers what happens during an undisturbed birth – and why it's important to think twice about disturbing it.
- What is physiological birth
- What causes labor to start
- When adrenaline stops labor (and when it helps)
- Which hormones give natural pain relief
- Why you want to go to “Labor Land”
- How oxytocin helps (it's so important that you, baby, and placenta produce it)
- You need this “Birth Cocktail”
- How interventions stop your body from working
- Why “chatting” can interrupt labor (and other environmental factors)
- How to protect your birth
Items mentioned in this podcast include:
- Get your copy of the Ultimate Healthy Living Bundle! – get my MamaBaby Birthing course and ebook, First Bites and Beyond as part of the bundle!
Gentle Birth, Gentle Mothering[/raw] – excellent book, a must-read 🙂
- Will the Real Oxytocin Please Stand Up
- Your Baby's Experience of Pregnancy
- Your Baby's Experience of Childbirth
- Michel Odent's article on preventing hemorrhage by protecting undisturbed birth, mamas, and babies