BBL 055: What You Need to Know About Pushing Your Baby Out
You'll usually hear moms say they loved the pushing stage, but many of us find it overwhelming and confusing. When should you push, how should you push, and should you ever not push? Get the lowdown on pushing in this week's episode.
Topics I Cover in This Podcast:
- Why some women feel pushing is a huge relief (and why others don't)
- The big differences between pushing my first 3 babies and my last 3 babies
- What does “directed pushing” mean (and why you should avoid it)
- The difference between getting guidance and being coached into unsafe pushing
- What is “laboring down”
- Should you try not to push?
- What's mother-directed pushing?
- How to trigger the fetal ejection reflex (and why you want to)
- What's the right way to push???
Items mentioned in this podcast include:
Or subscribe with your favorite app by using the address below