BBL 080: Getting Daddy Ready for Labor and Birth
You're convinced a natural, intervention-free birth is best for you and your baby… but maybe Daddy is still worried about safety. How do you help Dad understand that birth really works. And what do you do if Daddy isn't confident he can help you during labor (or maybe you're not so sure he can!). Listen in for practical advice!
Topics I Cover in This Podcast:
- Scott's advice for dads nervous about the safety of low-intervention birth
- Why birth works the way it does (and why interventions actually create danger)
- Understanding that high-intervention birth isn't just about the safety of moms and babies… and what may be a bigger factor than we'd like to imagine
- Scott's advice to dads who aren't sure they can help mom during labor (hint: you can!)
- Steps I recommend you take to be confident and helpful during Mom's labor
- Helpful resources for families preparing for birth!
Things Mentioned on This Week's Podcast
- Ultimate Natural Birth Playbook – and video series 🙂
- A great video & birth safety download
Gentle Birth, Gentle Mothering[/raw]
The Business of Being Born[/raw]
- The Pink Kit
Or subscribe with your favorite app by using the address below