What if we as mothers were to stand up – to stand in charge of pregnancy, of birth, of mothering? What if we were to start a quiet, confident rumble that grows into a roar too big to ignore – that shakes the very foundations of “becoming mama” – and gives it back to women, where it belongs? What if YOU were in charge of your pregnancy and birth?
Topics I Cover in This Podcast:
- What would happen if we turned around all the “standard” questions about birth choices?
- How can we get people to stop and consider different beliefs about birth
- Why standard “shut up and get in the stirrups” rhetoric is harmful to women (and babies)
- How to talk to someone hostile towards natural birth
- What to say to someone who says you’ll need pain relief medications
- How we can create change without being obnoxious
- How we can stand up for babies and birthing women without being subordinate
- Why EVERY pregnant woman needs to stand up and be in charge
Things Mentioned on This Week’s Podcast
(NOTE: Want a Perfect Birth Plan Template? Use this template and step-by-step videos to write a birth plan that gets your birth team on your side for a beautiful birth experience! Get the birth plan kit here.)