Week by week blog entries of my work with the Pink Kit Package while I was pregnant with Galen!
Be sure to check out this Interview about all my births and my Pink Kit experience!
- Starting the Pink Kit: This is the first week of the Pink Kit and I'm 24 weeks along. From 24 to 28 weeks we'll use the New Focus book.
- Breathing Exercises: We're just getting into our second week and we're working through the breathing section of New Focus. I find some of the directed breathing particularly helpful – even now.
- Language: We've worked through breathing and have added the language component in – it's more helpful than I first thought and we'll be practicing more!
- Visualizing and Saying No!: This week brings us to exploring visualizations of pregnancy and birth – and a rather amusing exercise on different ways to tell your support person “no” and “stop” during labor :p
- Here? Here? Here???: This week has us on a hilarious and impossible game of locating one spot on each other…without saying a word…and learning how to overcome that problem during labor – by working before labor begins.
- Staring with the Pink Kit DVD lessons: Are we really six weeks into this? We've added the video lessons in now and have completed the first lesson – I've been finding everything really helpful and Scott is a little frustrated.
- The Bony Pelvis: A new video lesson on “mapping the pelvis” helps us get to know what our baby will be heading through to meet us!
- Positions for Labor and Birth: One of the most important sections we've gone through – and nicely personalized thanks to our previous video lesson! I find my awareness increasing daily and find this video very helpful.
- Movement in the Bony Pelvis: In this section we learn several techniques that help me feel really open – and I gain appreciation for how flexible the female and birthing pelvis actually is!
- Working with the Soft Tissue of the Pelvis: This section was challenging for me – I share why and how I've benefited from learning about the soft tissues and muscles of the pelvis.
- Tension and Relaxation During Birth: Mostly review in this section. There's some good information on different types of tension and my awareness of tension and relaxation and how they impact birth continues to grow.
- The Internal Work: We actually started this a couple of weeks ago but I wanted to wait some time before writing about it – I'm finding it helpful
- Massage and Body Care: A refreshing section that encourages your partner to pamper you 😉 I'm not sure it will actually prompt my man to pamper me but we tackle the section anyways…
Galen's Pink Kit Birth
- Read Galen's Pink Kit Birth Story: The story of Galen's very fast, unassisted birth!
- Reflections on Galen's Birth: Read my thoughts on what was most important in my preparation for Galen's birthing – and the role the Pink Kit played in this awesome experience!